Art Podcasts for Inspiration and Learning
Do you ever find yourself stuck in a creative rut? Or do you simply love learning about art and artists?
If so, then art podcasts might just be the right fit for you! From interviews with renowned artists to discussions on art history, there is a wealth of knowledge and inspiration to be gained from listening to these podcasts. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of listening to art podcasts, as well as provide a list of the top 10 best art podcasts.
So sit back, put on your headphones, and get ready to be inspired!
Benefits of Listening to Art Podcasts
1. Get Inspired: Listening to other artists talk about their creative processes and struggles can be incredibly inspiring.
Art podcasts can motivate you to create new work and try out different techniques. 2.
Making Art Accessible: Art podcasts can make the world of art feel more approachable and less intimidating. Listening to other artists talk about their experiences can help you feel more connected to the art world and less alone.
3. Opportunity to Learn: Art podcasts can provide a wealth of knowledge about various art movements, artists, and exhibitions.
From gaining insights into contemporary art practices to learning about the Renaissance, art podcasts can help expand your knowledge and understanding of the art world. 4.
Role Models: Listening to interviews with practicing artists can offer role models for aspiring artists. It can provide insights into their creative processes and business skills.
You can learn how successful artists manage their work, market their brand, and operate in the real world. 5.
History of Art: History is an important part of the study of art, and podcasts can be a great way to learn about the history of art and the stories behind famous artworks. You can gain insight into the different periods and the evolution of art over time.
Top 10 Best Art Podcasts
1. The Art History Babes: Hosted by four women with art history backgrounds, this podcast explores art history through a fun and quirky lens.
They cover everything from Albrecht Drer to Yayoi Kusama. 2.
The Jealous Curator: Host Danielle Krysa interviews artists about their work, their creative process, and their lives. She offers excellent insights into the art world with entertaining and inspiring interviews.
3. The Art Newspaper Podcast: Produced by the Art Newspaper, this podcast covers the latest art news and exhibitions from around the world in an informative and engaging way.
4. Artists Helping Artists: This podcast is focused on helping artists build their careers, featuring interviews with experienced artists, art therapists, and other experts.
5. The Conversation Art Podcast: This podcast features interviews with artists, curators, and museum directors, with an aim to share information and insights into the art world.
6. Bad @ Sports: This podcast features interviews with artists and art professionals from around the world.
It offers a lively and entertaining perspective on contemporary art. 7.
Tate Podcasts: Produced by the Tate galleries, this podcast covers a range of art-related topics, including interviews with artists, exhibition previews, and discussions on critical issues in the art world. 8.
ArtCurious: This fun and engaging podcast explores the weird and unknown stories behind famous artworks and artists. 9.
Outsider Art Podcast: This podcast covers outsider art, a term used to describe art made by self-taught artists and those with a marginal status in society. 10.
Savvy Painter: Host Antrese Wood interviews artists from a range of backgrounds and offers insights into their creative processes and how they build successful careers.
Art podcasts offer a wealth of knowledge, inspiration, and a sense of community for artists and anyone interested in the art world. From interviews with famous artists to discussions on art history, there is something to suit every taste and interest.
So next time you’re looking for inspiration or want to learn more about the art world, consider tuning into one of these top 10 best art podcasts.
Podcasts by Practicing Artists
There is no better way to get an inside look at the art-making process than with a podcast hosted by practicing artists. These podcasts can demystify the art world and provide insights into the creative process, helping us understand the passion for art that drives artists to create.
In this article, we’ll explore two subtopics to help you find the best podcasts by practicing artists.
Artists talking about art and their process
There’s nothing like hearing an artist talk about their work and their process of making art. Whether you’re an artist yourself or simply interested in learning about the creative process, these podcasts are sure to inspire.
Here are some of the best podcasts hosted by practicing artists:
1. The Savvy Painter: Hosted by artist Antrese Wood, this podcast features interviews with successful artists who discuss their work, process, and life as an artist.
2. Art Juice: This art podcast is hosted by painters Alice Sheridan and Louise Fletcher and offers insights into the lives, struggles, and triumphs of professional artists.
3. Working Artist: This podcast, hosted by artist and author Shannon Finley, is all about the business of being an artist, covering topics like marketing, studio practices, and building a successful career.
4. The Museum of Non-Visible Art: This podcast is a unique take on art podcasts, as it is focused on the audio description of imaginary artworks.
Hosted by artist and author Claudia Ackerman, it’s an unusual and inspiring listen. 5.
The Lonely Palette: The Lonely Palette is a unique podcast hosted by Tamar Avishai. She provides detailed analysis and interpretation of famous artworks while keeping the discussion engaging and relatable.
Artists discussing creativity and inspiration
Listening to artists discussing creativity and inspiration can be a great source of insight into how artists develop their ideas and bring them into the world. These podcasts can help get the creative juices flowing and motivate artists to explore their creativity.
Here are some popular podcasts in this category:
1. Art for Your Ear: Hosted by Danielle Krysa, this podcast features interviews with artists, curators, and art professionals on various topics related to art, such as overcoming creative setbacks and the importance of experimentation.
2. Artful: This podcast features in-depth interviews with a wide variety of creatives, including artists, writers, musicians, and more, delving into their passions for art and life.
3. Art and Cocktails: Hosted by artist and writer Kat Hutter and her partner Roger Lee, this podcast is all about the creative life.
They talk about the creative process, host interviews with artists they admire, and chat about other topics related to the art world. 4.
The Creative Pep Talk Podcast: Hosted by Andy J. Pizza, this podcast provides insightful advice and inspiration for creatives, offering tips on how to overcome creative blocks and find inspiration.
Interview-Style Art Podcasts
Interview-style art podcasts are a great way to learn from various artists, writers, and curators as they discuss their work, the art scene, and “the making of” exhibitions. These podcasts are usually informal conversations that give listeners insight into the art world and the life of an artist.
Here are some noteworthy podcasts:
Conversations with artists, writers, and curators
1. The Aesthetica Podcast: Hosted by Cherie Federico, this podcast features interviews with artists, curators, and writers, discussing topics ranging from exhibitions and institutions to the creative process.
2. Sound & Vision: This podcast is hosted by Brian Alfred and features interviews with artists and musicians, exploring the intersection of art and music.
3. The Great Women Artists: Hosted by art historian and curator Katy Hessel, this podcast discusses the lives and careers of contemporary women artists like Rachel Whiteread and Jenny Saville.
4. Art52: This podcast is hosted by a collective of art professionals who discuss exhibitions, art education, and professional practice for artists.
Insights into the life of an artist and exhibition making
1. Modern Art Notes: Hosted by Tyler Green, this podcast is focused on contemporary art and features interviews with artists, critics, and curators.
It covers everything from exhibitions to art markets. 2.
Talk Art: Hosted by actor Russell Tovey and gallerist Robert Diament, this podcast offers behind-the-scenes insights into the art world, discussing exhibitions, galleries, and the lives of contemporary artists. 3.
Bad at Sports Center: Hosted by Duncan MacKenzie and Ryan Peter Miller, this podcast features interviews with artists and curators and explores their work and careers. 4.
The Conversation: This Australian podcast is all about the arts, offering interviews with artists, curators, and other art-world professionals from across the globe. Whether you’re an artist seeking inspiration or just interested in learning more about the art world, these podcasts offer valuable insights and engaging discussions.
From interviews with professional artists to behind-the-scenes looks at exhibitions and the art scene, there’s something for everyone in the world of art podcasts.
Creative Lifestyle and Business Podcasts
Being a successful artist often requires more than just talent and vision; it also requires a great deal of planning, organization, and business-savvy skills. Fortunately, there are a number of art podcasts available that can help support artists in various aspects of their career, from emotional and practical support to building a successful art practice.
In this article, we’ll explore two subtopics to help artists find the best creative lifestyle and business podcasts.
Supporting artists in various aspects of their career
Artists can face unique struggles, from creative blocks to financial difficulties. Therefore, it’s important that the podcasts they listen to offer both emotional and practical support.
Here are some of the best art podcasts that provide just that:
1. The Creative Independent: This podcast is all about supporting creative people, offering advice and insights into the creative process, and tackling topics such as mental health, the creative economy, and artistic collaborations.
2. The Abundant Artist: Hosted by Cory Huff, this podcast is all about helping artists build their businesses and make money from their art.
The podcast offers practical marketing and promotional advice for artists. 3.
Your Creative Push: Hosted by Youngman Brown, this podcast is all about helping artists overcome creative blocks and pursue their artistic passions with courage and confidence. The podcast offers a wealth of tips and exercises to help artists stay motivated.
4. Art Grind Podcast: This podcast offers a curated selection of interviews with artists and creative professionals, covering topics ranging from art-making to the business of art.
5. Artistic Finance Podcast: Hosted by Ethan Warshowsky and Lindsey Blair, this podcast offers practical advice on how to manage your finances as an artist, from budgeting to taxes.
Building a successful art practice
Building a successful art practice requires a lot of work, but it can pay off in the form of greater opportunities and financial rewards. Here are some top art podcasts that offer advice on how to build a successful art practice:
Art Marketing Podcast: Hosted by Toby Mathis, this podcast offers advice and strategies on how to market yourself and your work as an artist. 2.
The Working Artist: Hosted by Christie Hawkins, this podcast explores the relationship between art and business, discussing topics such as pricing your work, managing galleries, and negotiating contracts. 3.
Art & Cocktails Podcast: This podcast by Kat Hutter and Roger Lee is all about the creative life and how to build a successful art practice, discussing topics such as art supplies, marketing, and studio practices, and interviewing artists who have successfully built their businesses. 4.
Art Business Today: This podcast by Melanie Greenwood focuses on the business side of art and offers practical advice to artists on a range of topics, including social media, artist statements, and building your brand as an artist. FAQs: Art Podcasts
More and more people are embracing the world of art podcasts and the wealth of information they offer, but some may not know how to access or subscribe to these podcasts.
Here are some frequently asked questions that might help:
Accessing and subscribing to art podcasts
1. How can I listen to art podcasts?
You can listen to art podcasts on a variety of platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud, and Google Podcasts, among others. 2.
Do I need to pay to access art podcasts? No, most art podcasts are available for free, although some may offer additional content for a fee.
3. How often are new episodes released?
The frequency of new episodes varies by podcast, but many podcasts release new episodes weekly or bi-weekly. 4.
Can I listen to art podcasts offline? Most podcast apps allow you to download episodes for offline listening.
Recommendations for different art podcast categories
1. What are some great art business podcasts?
Some recommended art business podcasts include The Abundant Artist, Art Business Today, and The Working Artist. 2.
What are some great contemporary art podcasts? Some recommended contemporary art podcasts include Bad at Sports Center, Art Grind Podcast, and The Saatchi Gallery Podcast.
3. What are some great art history podcasts?
Some recommended art history podcasts include The Art History Babes, The Jealous Curator, and The History of Art by the National Gallery. In conclusion, there are countless art podcasts out there to suit different interests and support requirements.
Whether you’re an artist looking for advice or simply interested in learning more about art history or contemporary art, these podcasts offer a wealth of knowledge and inspiration. In conclusion, art podcasts provide a valuable resource for artists and art enthusiasts alike.
The diverse range of podcasts available offer benefits such as inspiration, learning opportunities, and insights into the art world. From interviews with practicing artists to discussions on art history, creative lifestyle, and business advice, these podcasts support artists in various aspects of their careers.
By accessing and subscribing to art podcasts, individuals can gain emotional and practical support, learn how to build a successful art practice, and explore different categories of art-related content. So, whether you’re looking to get inspired, learn about art history, or gain insights into the art business, art podcasts are a rich source of knowledge that can greatly enhance your artistic journey.
Take a moment to explore the vast array of podcasts available and embrace the endless possibilities that they offer.